Do you want to influence trail development and usage in Rome and Floyd County?
The TRED (Trails for Recreation & Economic Development) Board is seeking an Executive Director for Rome’s exclusive trail advocacy organization. The Executive Director (ED) shall provide overall leadership for TRED and be responsible for consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. This includes leading the development of programs and projects to help improve and enhance non-motorized trails throughout Rome, Floyd County, and Northwest Georgia. This part-time 20-hr. position reports directly to the 5-person TRED Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will lead TRED in implementing its mission:
“To enhance the community’s quality of life and economic development through an accessible, multi-use trail system that promotes alternative, eco-friendly recreation and transportation opportunities.”
TRED would like to thank Hardy Realty for their generous donation of a $10,000 gift to the organization to make this position possible.
GENERAL & FINANCIAL OPERATIONS:
· Manage day-to-day operations. Currently, no employee supervision.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan.
· Develop and monitor the annual budget and oversee all aspects of finances.
· Oversee membership and member communications.
· Increase corporate and individual donors.
· Research and apply for grants applicable to mission.
· Attend events and travel as needed.
· Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions and fulfillment of the mission.
· Activate sub-committees as needed.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS:
· Oversee TRED promotions, website, social media, newsletters and other communication channels.
· Serve as primary spokesperson to media.
· Promote Heritage Trail network, Jackson Hill, and GE mountain bike parks to public, visitors, and community through media campaigns.
· Increase the overall visibility of TRED within Floyd County and Northwest Georgia.
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with various organizations throughout Rome and Floyd County.
· Coordinate trail clean up days with corporate donors, public, and partners.
· Create “TRED Heads” trail user group.
· Participate in Rome City and Floyd County Commission meetings as needed.
· Active Member of Greenway Partnership.
· Event Director of Up the Creek century ride
· Create a signature fall mountain bike event at Jackson Hill or GE to generate interest and activity.
· Audit trail amenities to identify options for improvement.
· Undertake other duties as may be necessary for organizational success.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• Prefer experience in nonprofit operations, fundraising, and marketing.
• Transparent and high-integrity leadership.
• Proficiency in problem-solving and innovative and strategic thinking.
• Solid budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to convey a vision of TRED’s strategic future to Board, volunteers and donors.
• Strong public speaking, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
• Working knowledge of trail design and construction process is preferred.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications. Web and desktop publishing skills a plus.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of valid auto insurance.
· While performing the responsibilities of this position, the ED will work from their home as well as in outdoor weather conditions.
· TRED will offer a salary commensurate with experience and approximately 20 hours per week.
· Benefits include, but are not limited to:
Optional home office
The enjoyment of walking the trails while on the job
The above position description describes the position currently available and is not intended to be an employment contract. TRED reserves the right to modify the duties or position description at any time.
Find out more about TRED at www. http://tredromefloyd.org/
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to: Julie Smith, Board President at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use subject line: TRED Executive Director
Deadline for Applications is: March 3, 2020